Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ouch!

Tonight's shots hurt a little more than the others. And it was particularly stressful because it wasn't going so well...

The first shot was a mixture of 150iu Follistim and two vials of Menopur. It just seems like too many drops came out of the needle while I was trying to get the air bubbles out of the syringe... I'm trying to reassure myself that the 1/2 cc of saline dilutes the whole mixture to accommodate the wasted drops here and there.

Then the Cetrotide... yeesh. I had to remember how to mix it up, so I was going back over a month ago in my head... read the directions, and, ok, no problem. I remember this. That needle hurts!! And once I got it in and started to push the plunger, I noticed an air bubble. And then I panicked and pulled the damn thing out. So then I had to re-stick the needle again (ouch) and the air bubble was still there. Oh freaking well. I just did the injection with the stinking air bubble. My belly is still bleeding. I'm a dumbass!!

I know it's not a big deal, and that it's going to be ok. But it was a stressful experience. I'm trying to channel my inner zen and calm down. ::breathe in, breathe out::

On the plus side, I have monitoring in the morning. I'm so excited to see how my follies are doing :) I hope my babies are in there!!

2 comments:

  1. I was only able to get the air bubble out of my ganirelix twice out of seven days worth. I do think the air bubble causes more bleeding and bruising but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, that sounds painful! I hope your follies are doing well!! Sending so many good thoughts your way!! <3

    ReplyDelete