Friday, June 28, 2013

CD1, you heartbreaker...

I told you that I wouldn't be wondering much longer. Today was quickly declared CD1. IUI#2 is a bust. I cannot begin to express the sadness that fills my heart. Even though I knew this was coming, I have not been able to stop the tears or the aching in my soul. The cramps don't help much either.

I knew when I was getting ready for work this morning. I decided to take a HPT so I could take Advil guilt free. While I was in the shower, I felt so much anger. Then by the time I got in the car to drive to work, it melted all away to sorrow. I felt an ugly cry coming on and called Melly. She talked to me and helped calm me down. I had to pull myself together so I could go teach. It was really hard to carry on like normal. And I didn't really do a good job of it, but what other choice did I have?

A big reason why I can't shake this feeling is because I have not a single shred of confidence in IUI#3. I am sad, mad, confused and frustrated. I don't want to spend the next 25 days going through the motions again knowing that a BFN is certain. I feel so defeated. Why, if everything looks so perfect on paper, isn't this working? I want to cry all over again.

I started a new cross stitch project. When I saw the pattern, I nearly cried at the store. I love the monotony of counted cross stitch. It clears my mind much like going on a run. Needle in, needle out. Repeat. In the end, I will have something beautiful to show for it. And I can really use the reminder to "dream, hope, wish, and believe." 

A new project to keep me hopeful...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry #2 didn't work. The cross-stitch project is a good idea - I might steal that one too. Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Run, I'm sorry this cycle didn't work :( (((hugs)))
    ::Passes Run the whole pitcher of Malibu spiked lemonade::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cross-stich! It's perfect!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete