Friday, June 14, 2013

Practicing Patience

I went in for my mid-cycle monitoring this morning. Everything is looking great! My lining is 7.7mm thick, I have two mature follies (one on each side measuring at 20 and 22mm), and I have a whole bunch more that are still growing. The doctor wants to see my E2 levels before finalizing our schedule. At the moment, we have three possible scenarios under consideration:
  1. Trigger and TI tonight with the IUI on Sunday
  2. Trigger and TI tomorrow with the IUI on Monday
  3. TI tonight with the IUI on Saturday (I assume this is if my body O's on its own without the trigger)
Either scenario would be fine by me. I'm ready to rumble and am happy that the doctor is going to make the decision that will give us the best chance of success. Let the record show that my O pains have officially started. I've been looking forward to this moment so much (/sarcasm).

Update: I got the call from the doctor and we're going with scenario 1. We have to cancel our plans for Sunday morning (we were going to visit two litters of golden retriever puppies with my in-laws... wahhh! I'm so sad that I don't get to see the puppies!!), but I'm glad we have a solid plan. I hope this works.

As I told my 3rd grade class today, I'm practicing patience. They are absolutely CRAZY because there are only 7 days of school left :) It took them 15 seconds to settle down when I gave them my start cue. Unacceptable. So I waited for them to catch on... and then said, "Mrs. Z is practicing patience. Right now, the class is giving me a good run for my money." Then into the whole lecture about expectations through the end of the year, blah, blah, blah. Gotta love 'em :) They are pushing my buttons, but they're kids, it's what they do. It's my job to teach them how to behave in a large class. So that's what we're doing. And, besides, I need the practice when it comes to being patient. Thanks to IF, I'm almost at the end of my rope. 

I am patiently waiting for...
  • ...the doctor to call with instructions. (I'd like to know soon so I can rearrange my plans.)
  • ...two pink lines.
  • ...my family to grow.
I am getting lots of practice when it comes to patience. I've had lots of practice over the past 3 years waiting to break 4:00 (a long term personal goal to run a marathon in 3:59:59 or faster). And let's not even talk about the whole house-hunting-hell/moving debacle. Those were six of the worst months in my life (up to that point). But in the end of both situations, I got the results I was looking for. I SMASHED my goal when I crossed the finish line at the 2013 Shamrock Marathon in 3:42:54. Sure, it took ten tries (not exaggerating. I have literally run 10 marathons), but I finally did it! And it felt amazing! It still does! I can't help but to feel overjoyed every time I think about that race :) And the house situation, well, we now have an amazing home. I couldn't possibly love it anymore! 

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it'll all work out in the end. You just have to be patient. And it will be glorious when it happens. When it happens is out of our control. So you can either be miserable and suffer until it happens, or you can wait as patiently and peacefully as possible. How you choose to play the waiting game is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment