Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 6 Report

IT'S GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a blastocyst!!!! Our little ninja is graded as a 6C (the number indicates size on a scale from 1-6... 6 means fully hatched! The letter indicates quality on a scale from A-C. A is rarely given by my clinic, and my doctor said there's only a 5% difference on implantation rates between B & C). It was biopsied and frozen Thursday morning... this is so surreal that we actually have a frosty!! We are still on cloud nine and will probably be here a while!! :D

So, the final report gives us the following in summary:
  • Feb 21 - ER - 9 eggs retrieved
  • Feb 22 - Day 1 - 5 eggs mature, 5 eggs fertilized
  • Feb 26 - Day 5 - 3 embryos arrested, 2 embryos still growing (1 looking like it might arrest soon, the other doing better)
  • Feb 27 - Day 6 - 1 embryo arrested, 1 embryo made it to blastocyst and was biopsied and frozen
How do we feel about this news? We are absolutely thrilled!! I've said from the beginning, if we even get one blastocyst it will be a miracle, and we'd be so, so happy. 

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I have a frostyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your constant support, Kati!! I'm praying for both of our miracles!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hahahaha!!! Cue up the Ninja Rap!!! Love it!!!

      Delete
  3. Hooray!!! So, so, SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess :) :) :) Finally some good news around here! I hope it keeps up! And I hope you're doing well. I've been thinking of you lots!

      Delete