Wednesday, March 19, 2014

At a loss for words...

***Warning: late term loss mentioned...***

I don't even know where to start... It's all just so unfair.

My heart is absolutely broken for a very dear friend and her husband who received just about the worst news you could ever imagine today. Their anatomy scan showed deformities on their baby yesterday at 18 weeks... Today they went to follow up and the doctors confirmed the worst possible scenario. They are going to lose the baby.

Just typing that makes me bawl my eyes out all over again. It's so horrible... It's so unimaginably unfair. After fighting for two years of infertility to get pregnant, going through IVF, finally getting to a point in the pregnancy where they thought they could relax... It hurts so much to think that the universe would allow such horrible things to happen let alone all to one couple.

Chickin, I don't know if you will read this, but my heart is with you. I am praying for you, Shawn, and your precious Petey Nugget. I pray that you can find some peace and comfort somewhere, somehow. I know it's not much, but I am sending you all my love, strength, thoughts and prayers.

Just yesterday, John & I attended a funeral for his best friend's girlfriend. She was diagnosed with leukemia 11 months ago. She was 33 years old. And just yesterday, we wept in the cemetery as we listened to Khalid say goodbye to Diana, and they lowered her casket into the ground.

Why? Why do these tragedies happen? These are good people. No one asks for this. No one deserves this. Why does life have to be so unfair?

3 comments:

  1. I HATE that amazing people have to deal with such awful things. I'm heartbroken for Chickin and my heart goes out to your friend. Love you Chickin <3

    ReplyDelete