60 days until Dr. KK Part II.
When we first scheduled these appointments, they seemed like an eternity away. It's still pretty long of a wait until the follow up, but the countdowns are chipping away :)
I went on the pill a week and a half ago. I know that seems counterintuitive... why would you go on the pill if you're trying to conceive? My pharmacist gave me an inquisitive look when I filled the prescription and asked where the prenatal vitamins were in the same visit. Ha! I decided to go on the pill this cycle because I cannot have my period for my appointment in 20 days. After all of the IVF fun I've been through, my neat and tidy little 26 day cycles have gone rogue. The past two unmedicated cycles have been 31 days, which means that CD1 for this cycle would have probably been the day of my long-awaited-for appointment. No freaking way! So this chick got herself on the pill.
I have to say... it feels SO GOOD to know that there is absolutely no chance in hell that I could have a surprise miracle pregnancy right now. That might seem like a weird statement to read if you've been around this blog the past year. I want nothing more than to become pregnant, and I don't care how it happens. A surprise miracle... wow, I'd take it!!
But it's just so exhausting to go through a natural cycle knowing that our chances for success are 2-5%. I have never been a lucky person. I don't play the lottery, I don't gamble, I don't call into radio shows hoping to be the 100th caller for that awesome prize. Why not? Well, I have learned from the past that I am never the lucky one who wins unless the odds are seriously stacked in my favor. So you can imagine why I'm happy to take a break from my one in fifty odds this month.
So what have I been doing? Am I weeping in a corner while watching the clock tick down? Hell to the no freaking way!! I can't believe it, I don't know how, but I am enjoying my summer. Here's a few ways how:
- Marathon training - 38 days until race day!!!! Which means four runs a week (including a weekly long run... this weekend is 20 MILES - holy shit, I'm a little scared!! But I know I can do it!), yoga, core & strength workouts, fuel & nutrition, running gear, and otherwise scheming with my Soley & Bestie, Rachel, on our next big run :)
- Sleeping - I'm enjoying sleeping in most days (hooray for summer vacay!!), and it's a rare occurrence if I don't get my afternoon nap :)
- Hanging out with friends & family - John & I have enjoyed lots of quality time together with our doggies. And my little sister just spent the past three days staying at our house. We had lots of great times!!
- Home improvement projects - we've been working on the Fab Room for the past several weeks. It is shaping up so wonderfully!!! Paint and new baseboards are all done! It looks awesome!! We're working on furnishing the otherwise empty room. It's going to look AWESOME!!
- Lots and lots and LOTS of relaxing :)
What have you all been up to? How's your summer??