Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Merrily We Stim Along

Today is CD4, and I am in full swing with the meds. Tonight will be the third night of the following mixture:

  • 200iu Follistim
  • 2 vials Menopur
  • 1/2cc Saline
Tomorrow night, which is Thanksgiving, I will do another dose of the above and add another shot: 40iu Tev Tropin (human growth hormone). It should be interesting bringing my little "science lab" along with me to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. I was able to discretely explain what was going on, and she has graciously saved me some fridge space :)

This part right now is the easy part. Mixing up the meds and jabbing myself with needles is feeling surprisingly routine and normal. I've been making it as fun as possible. Each night when I lay out my meds, I also pick out a fun bandaid (I got a pack of The Muppets... the two old guys are currently heckling my belly button, lol), I take out my chocolate (Dove's Dark Chocolate!), and I get a bead to add to my shots bracelet. When it's time to start mixing, I turn on my special playlist and rock out to the music:
  1. Roar by Katy Perry
  2. The Climb by Miley Cyrus (don't judge)
  3. I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons
  4. Firework by Katy Perry
  5. Home by Phil Phillips
I am truly enjoying this stage of the process. Like I said, this is the easy part. The part that I am dreading most is waiting for phone calls (or lack thereof) from the embryologist... but I've been doing my Circle + Bloom every day, and I really think it is helping to keep me focused and calm. 

5 comments:

  1. We haven't yet reached the IVF process (we start a medicated IUI with injectables next cycle, if this cycle doesn't work), but I completely love your routine.Especially the playlist (I feel like I have one for everything, haha) and the injection bracelet. What an amazing idea. Good luck!! And happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for muppets bandaids!! I love your routine, I love your playlist, as we've discussed numerous times. I am so excited for you this cycle, I am crossing everything that this will be it for you!!! <3 P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shot routine!!! I am so excited for you this cycle!!! I love your playlist. No judging at all with Climb, it's actually a good song, you just have to separate the artist from the song = ) HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for getting started! And yay for fun bandaids! You need something to make you smile through the stress! I hope this is it and you will get a Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete